THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS NOW 11TH JUNE! REGISTER AND ENTER TO WIN!
About the competition
Hack the Planet is an ideas competition for people from Commonwealth nations. It is run by the Commonwealth Secretariat and the Satellite Applications Catapult.
We’re looking for your ideas on how to solve the challenges of our ocean with concepts that include the power of imagery, connectivity or other applications from satellites. Your ideas should relate to one of the 10 challenges set out in the Commonwealth Blue Charter.
When you enter, we’re just looking for your ideas. Over the course of the next 5 months, we will help you to shape and hone your ideas into a winning concept. There will be a prize-pool of £20,000 plus over £85,000 worth of satellite data and cloud computing services!
To find out more about the competition timeline and how it works, visit the ‘How it works’ page.
Anyone who lives in a Commonwealth country, over the age of 18 can enter, either as an individual or as part of a small team of up to 5 people. You can also enter as a micro-enterprise - that’s a business with fewer than 10 employees. If you have any questions about your eligibility to enter the competition, please contact us on email@example.com before submitting an entry.
How to enter
It’s easy to enter the competition. Just follow these three simple steps:
- Complete the registration form by clicking the ‘register’ button on the top right-hand side of this site
- Once registered, you will be logged in and you can click the ‘enter’ button to compete the entry form
- You can revisit your account to view and update your entry at any time until the closing date on 11th June 2021
- Click here for the link to a pdf document with the entry questions on so you can take away and work on them offline. This form is only for reference purposes and to help you compile your ideas!
Good luck, and if you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why you should enter
2021 is the first year of the Hack the Planet competition, and it already has a global reach. You could be the first ever winner to see your ideas on ocean sustainability become reality with support from ocean and satellite experts. It's not an opportunity to miss! Participants in Hack the Planet 2021 can look forward to:
• The chance to win a prize-pool of £20,000 plus over £85,000 worth of satellite data and cloud computing services!
• The opportunity for virtual coaching from experts that can help support you throughout the competition
• The chance to pitch your idea to a panel of satellite and ocean experts
• The opportunity to network with peers, mentors, and experts
• Worldwide recognition for your idea
To enter, begin by registering your details here.